Good Matcha is a product that requires 100+ year old tree leaves, a expert farmer, and a painstaking amount of detail to produce.
To say the least, it's impossible to get quality matcha on the cheap.
Of course, there are grades that are good yet not as delicately made the way the highest grades are.
The main thing about matcha grades relates to taste. If you were to take multiple "grades" or "harvests" from a single organic farm (the way we do with Wild Matcha), the higher grades are going to taste better due to using delicate leaves and a closer attention to detail.
For example, our 1st harvest Ceremonial grade matcha is made with the smallest first leaves of a tea stalk. These are picked by hand and destemmed and carefully stone-ground before being carefully packed and stored.
After that comes our 2nd harvest Premium grade matcha that is made with the next series of leaves that are slightly bigger and include a tad more of the veins and stems. The next grade is the culinary grade, our newest Wild product.
Culinary grade matcha is made with bigger, more mature leaves, and thus has a slightly more astringent flavor. The thing about matcha is the nutrition is pretty much the same (with a bit more in the higher grades). Cost that relates mostly to flavor.
For drinking straight cups of matcha, we recommend the higher grades. For smoothies, lattes and baking, the culinary grade is perfect because you won't be able to discern the flavor difference between the two when adding extra ingredients.
Learn more below about our newest wild product: Wild Matcha #2 Culinary Grade:
Wild Matcha is a fine powder made from stone-ground green tea leaves. Instead of infusing whole leaves in water— and then discarding—matcha is whisked into water (or other recipes) and consumed whole.
By ingesting the entire tea leaf, you get 100% of the nutrients locked deep inside the green tea leaves. This is why one serving of Wild Matcha is equal to 10 glasses of regular brewed green tea in total nutritional value!
Matcha aids in weight loss, detoxes the body, promotes overall health and fights inflammation. It is also a healthy way to get sustained energy--the caffeine in matcha is slowly released over a period of 4-6 hours.
You can enjoy Wild Matcha hot or cold, in smoothies, lattes, desserts and recipes!
Why Wild Matcha:
- Antioxidant Powerhouse Superfood: One cup of Wild Matcha is equal to 10 cups of regular brewed green tea in antioxidant and nutritional value!
- Organic Green Tea from Award-Winning JAS Organic tea farm on the foggy mountainside in Ujitaware, Kyoto, Japan. Tea manufacturer has been in business for over 100 years.
- Fat Burner and Metabolism Enhancer: Wild Matcha contains polyphenols ECGG, a thermogenic ingredient known to boost metabolism.
- Natural Mood and Energy Enhancer - Wild Matcha contains caffeine, which is released into the bloodstream slowly providing a healthy and sustained boost of energy and mental focus and clarity!
- Wild Matcha is backed by the Wild Foods 100% No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Lifetime Guarantee! If you aren't completely happy for any reason, we will take care of it!
- Caffeine content: There is about 33mg per 8oz matcha cup if using 1.5g/1.5 Teaspoon