This breakfast is a classic. Warm and simple, perfect for cold mornings. Make them sweet with honey drizzle and chia seeds or savory with pepper and herbs!
Makes 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
- 2 slices gluten free bread
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter or Wild Coconut Oil
- 2 farm fresh eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Raw honey
- Wild Chia Seeds
- Black Pepper
- Heat a cast-iron over medium heat until it comes to temperature.
- In the meantime, find something hollow that is about an inch wide to make a cut out in the center of your bread. You can use the lid to spices, or the plug to your blender lid, etc.
- Add the butter or oil to the hot skillet and then add your slices of bread.
- Toast for 1 minute then flip the bread.
- Crack an egg into each hole
- Add a pinch of salt to each egg.
- Cook here for 1 minute, then flip over and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove from the skillet, add your toppings, and serve!