Chocolate Cashew Butter Recipe by The Castaway Kitchen
- 3 cups whole cashews, toasted*
- ½ cup Wild Cocoa Butter Wafers
- ½ cup Wild Chocolate Powder
- ¼ cup Wild MCT Oil
- ¼ cup Wild Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup- ½ cup coconut palm sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- Pinch Wild Pink Salt
*You can activate your cashews to reduce antinutrients and make them easier to digest. Just soak for 4 hours in water with a pinch of salt. Drain and place on a sheet pan. Then roast at 300F for 20 minutes to toast.
- In the bowl of a high-powered blender**, combine the cashews and cocoa butter. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the coconut sugar and chocolate powder. Add in the coconut and MCT oil and lastly the salt.
- Blend until it is completely smooth. This will heat up the butter and it will be thick but liquid.
- Once it cools thoroughly it will solidify into a more butter-like consistency.
**You can also make this in your food processor, but I recommend grinding you cashews alone first, for 10-15 minutes until they’re a smooth butter before adding the rest of the ingredients or it will be gritty.