A fast and easy, vegan, paleo jelly made with seasonal fruit!
- 2 gala apples
- ¼ cup sweetener of choice, (I used erythritol)
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoon Wild chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peel and core the apples. Dice into ¼ inch cubes.
- Combine the apples, sweetener and water in a small sauce pot.
- Stir and heat over medium heat.
- When the mixture comes to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and use a whisk to mix and mash the apples, breaking them down as you go. Do this for 2-3 minutes until the mixture begins to look like jam. I like mine chunky, if you want it smoother, keep cooking down the apples until you have reached desired consistency.
- Stir in the chia seeds, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well.
- Transfer to a clean jar, let it cool and store it in the fridge.
- Spread it over your favorite pancakes, toast or even on pork loin!