Oh coffee! The magic little bean that fuels us so! It’s delicious and complex flavors... its seductive aroma.
It truly is the only (real) way to wake up in the morning!
But if you love coffee as much as we do, you probably need to curb your caffeine intake from time to time.
Thank mother nature for water processed Wild Lonestar Decaf!
Most people think that decaf is caffeine-free, but that's not the case. Most decaf has about 1% caffeine. So def not what we are used to, but still a tad of caffeine nonetheless.
So how can we still get some of the benefits of coffee with caffeine in it by drinking coffee with only 1% caffeine in it?
Easy: Add Mushrooms!
Our Wild Shroom line does the trick. Medicinal mushrooms, in case you haven't heard, are revered for their mental benefits as well as their long term health-promoting benefits. (Learn more about them here.)
In summary, mushroom coffee is a great way to get similar caffeine-like benefits of mental clarity and stamina without the caffeine load. (And if you aren't in the mood to give up caffeine, try mushrooms in your regular coffee for a near-life-changing combo!)
The following recipe can be adapted to any coffee and with a mix of ingredients... so feel free to experiment! (And don't forget about the Wild Butter Brew recipe since it should be a standard in your drink repertoire.)
Deliciously brewed, blended with super foods and coconut cream; this creamy coconut mocha decaf will leave your regular cup of Joe in the dust!
Creamy Coconut Mocha Decaf
by The Castaway Kitchen
- 21 grams of Wild Lonestar Decaf Coffee Beans (about 4 tbsp.)
- 12 ounces filtered water
- 1 tsp Wild Shroom #5 Cordyceps
- 1 tbsp. Wild Chocolate (unsweetened cacao powder)
- 2 tbsp. Coconut cream (coconut milk fat from chilled, canned, full fat coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp. grass fed beef gelatin or collagen peptides
- Pinch of Wild Pink Himalayan salt
- Drizzle of honey
- Grind your coffee beans to a coarse grind and add to your French press.
- Bring 12 ounces of filtered water to a light simmer in a kettle or sauce pot (200F).
- Pour into the French Press. Gently stir with a wooden spoon. Let it steep for 4 minutes.
- Press the coffee and pour it into a blender.
- Add in the coconut cream, cordyceps and cacao powder.
- Blend until frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into your favorite mug. Enjoy!