There are so many ways you can enjoy chicken on the ketogenic diet. The great thing about chicken is that it’s versatile and can be paired with just about any low-carb vegetable or sauce for a tasty result.
Whether you prefer chicken thighs, drumsticks, or breasts, there’s an option for you below. These five easy chicken recipes are perfect for anyone following the ketogenic diet – check them out and get hungry!
Chicken with Keto-friendly veggies
This keto chicken dish is packed with vegetables – and they’re all delicious! This recipe uses zucchini and asparagus, so you’ll get vitamins and minerals like magnesium, vitamin C, and fiber.
The creamy avocado sauce drapes over the chicken and vegetables and is made with just two ingredients, making this dish stand out. It is an excellent recipe to take one portion for lunch daily.
- What you need: six chicken breasts, halved and pounded thin, two zucchinis sliced, one bunch of asparagus cut into pieces, Sea salt and black pepper to taste, one avocado, and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Place the chicken pieces in a large baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the zucchini and asparagus on top, and drizzle with olive oil
- Place in the oven for about 18–20 minutes, until the chicken and vegetables are cooked and the zucchinis are soft.
- While the dish is cooking, make the avocado sauce.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and mix in the olive oil.
- Drizzle the sauce over the baked chicken and vegetables and serve.
Chicken with avocado and salsa
This chicken dish tastes just like tacos – but without the tortillas! The chicken is mixed with salsa, creamy avocado, and a sprinkling of cheese. It is a straightforward recipe; you can serve it with a side of zucchini noodles to make it a more substantial meal.
The all-in-one meal this recipe produces makes it perfect for making while busy. You can even halve the recipe if you’re only cooking for yourself.
- What you need: four chicken breasts, sliced, 1 cup salsa, two avocados, 2 tbsp cilantro, Sea salt, and black pepper, to taste 1 cup shredded cheese, what you do Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and pour over the salsa.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, mash the avocado with a fork and mix in the cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- When the chicken is ready, please remove it from the oven and top it with the avocado sauce and shredded cheese.
- Place under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve with zucchini noodles or salad.
Chicken and cauliflower mash
This creamy chicken and cauliflower mash make an excellent keto-friendly meal. It’s a great way to get some more vegetables into your diet, and it’s super easy to make. This dish only requires a few simple ingredients, and it’s an excellent way to use up any leftover chicken you may have in the fridge.
While it’s not the prettiest dish, it’s delicious and filling. It is a great recipe to make for yourself or guests, as it’s easy to double up the ingredients for a more significant portion.
- What you need: four chicken breasts, cooked and diced, 2 cups cauliflower florets, 1 cup chicken stock, 2 tbsp butter 1/2 cup cream, what you do Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Put the cauliflower florets and chicken stock in a baking dish and place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, place the diced chicken and the butter in a pan over low heat.
- Stir until the chicken is fully cooked and remove from the heat.
- Place the cooked chicken and cauliflower in a food processor with the cream.
- Pulse until smooth, and serve.
Keto chicken soup
This chicken soup is a great meal when you’re feeling under the weather or want a low-carb, healthy, comforting meal. It’s a great recipe to make ahead of time and keep in the fridge when you need a quick and easy meal.
Add any vegetables to this soup – create sure they’re low-carb. This recipe calls for carrots, but you can add cauliflower, broccoli, or zucchini.
- What you need: 1 tbsp coconut oil one onion, diced 1lb chicken breast, cut into cubes three carrots, chopped three stalks celery, chopped 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp oregano 3 cups chicken stock 2 cups water Salt and black pepper, to taste What you do Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken, carrots, celery, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Pour over the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Parmesan chicken with zucchini noodles
This chicken recipe takes the classic spaghetti and meatballs into a delicious low-carb meal. The chicken is flavorful, delicious, and topped with an easy homemade parmesan sauce.
It is a great recipe to make with the family, as the zucchini noodles are easy to make. You can use a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler to make the noodles or a vegetable peeler to make long, thin strips.
- What you need: four chicken breasts cut into cubes, 1 cup almond flour, two eggs, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, and 2 tbsp butter Zucchini noodles to serve what you do. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix the almond flour, parmesan cheese, butter, and eggs to make the breading.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the breading and lay them on a baking sheet—Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the zucchini noodles using a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler.
- Heat the chicken with the sauce and serve with the zucchini noodles.
Keto chicken satay with zucchini noodles
It is a delicious twist on a classic recipe. It’s a great way to use any leftover chicken and is easy to throw together. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, and it’s a great way to get your kids to eat more low-carb foods.
This recipe can be easily altered to make it suitable for any diet. Swap the peanut sauce for plain yogurt, soy sauce, or flavored mayo.
- What you need: 1 lb chicken breast cut into cubes, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 tbsp soy sauce Zucchini noodles to serve; what you do. Mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, and some water to make the sauce.
- Place the cubed chicken in a baking dish and pour over the peanut sauce—place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with zucchini noodles.
These five easy chicken recipes are perfect for anyone following the ketogenic diet. These recipes are delicious and easy to make, from tacos to stay and everything in between.
They’re packed with protein and vitamins and keep you feeling full and energized throughout the day. Whether you prefer chicken thighs, drumsticks, or breasts, there’s an option for you below. These easy chicken recipes are perfect for a quick and healthy dinner on a busy day.
These recipes will keep you full and satisfied while following a keto diet. They’re packed with protein and low in carbs. With these easy chicken recipes, you’ll never have to worry about hunger.