How to Use Activated Charcoal for Weight Loss
In just the last few years, activated charcoal has become a trendy element in many wellness products. From face masks to water filters, activated charcoal has been added to almost everything.
But why? What is it about activated charcoal that makes it such a beneficial substance? As you may have guessed, the answer lies in its properties as an activated (o activated-carbon) substance.
The benefits of using this substance for weight loss are accurate and supported by science. Let's take a closer look at how you can use activated charcoal for weight loss and see what you think!
What is Activated Charcoal?
Activated charcoal is charcoal that has been processed to be negatively charged. This process makes it highly porous, which allows it to be used as a toxin trap and super adsorber.
Activated charcoal has been used for centuries to treat ingestions and other types of poisoning. However, it has become popular in the past decade as a "wellness" product. It has been added to everything from water filters to skin care products.
How Does Activated Charcoal Help With Weight Loss?
The porous nature of activated charcoal makes it an excellent absorber. It means that it will bind to certain toxins and chemicals.
Many people have become interested in using activated charcoal to treat various ailments. While there is some evidence that it works, the research needs to be more conclusive, and there are better alternatives.
Which is the Best Activated Charcoal for Weight Loss?
While there are a lot of activated charcoal supplements on the market, the one we like best for weight loss is Wild Coal Activated Charcoal. Our Wild Coal is 100% pure, pharmaceutical-grade activated charcoal made from organic coconut husks. It is entirely vegan and gluten-free.
Pros of Using Activated Charcoal For Weight Loss
There are a lot of benefits to using activated charcoal for weight loss.
Here are a few:
- Activated Charcoal Removes Toxins From The Body - As we mentioned above, activated charcoal is an excellent adsorber. It can trap various chemicals, toxins, and other substances. It makes it an ideal supplement for people trying to lose weight because it will remove toxins that would otherwise be stored in the fat cells.
- Activated Charcoal Can Help Reduce Hunger: Another way that activated charcoal can help you with your weight loss goals is that it can reduce hunger. Hunger is often triggered by levels of certain chemicals in the blood. These levels can be reduced by activated charcoal. It can make it easier to stick to a diet.
- Activated Charcoal Can Enhance Digestion: Another way that activated charcoal can support your weight loss goals is by enhancing digestion. It can help to reduce excess bloat that can make you feel uncomfortable. It can also help you to feel full after eating a meal.
- Activated Charcoal Can Support Blood Flow: Another way that activated charcoal can help blood flow. It can lead to better nutrient uptake by the cells. It can also help to reduce inflammation in the body. All of these things can help to support your weight loss goals.
- Increased Energy Levels: Another way activated charcoal can help you with your weight loss goals is by increasing your energy levels. It can help to reduce fatigue and make it easier to follow your diet and exercise routine.
Cons of Using Activated Charcoal For Weight Loss
As we just explored, activated charcoal has several benefits for weight loss. However, there are also some potential drawbacks and side effects that you should be aware of:
- Activated Charcoal Can Cause Constipation: Although activated charcoal can help with constipation in the short term, it can also cause constipation when used for long periods. It can be remedied with a mild laxative like psyllium husk powder.
- Activated Charcoal Can Reduce the Absorption of Certain Nutrients: Unfortunately, activated charcoal can also reduce the number of nutrients from foods eaten. It can also be remedied by using psyllium husk powder.
- Activated Charcoal Can Interfere With Some Medications: In addition to affecting nutrients, activated charcoal can also interfere with certain medications. It can include antibiotics, diabetes medications, and even some types of birth control. Be sure to talk to your doctor before adding activated charcoal to your diet.
How to take activated charcoal for weight loss?
Remember a few things to remember when taking activated charcoal for weight loss:
- Because activated charcoal can bind to other medications, take it at least two hours before or after any other medicines.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to avoid constipation.
- Start with a small dose and increase gradually as needed.
When it comes to dosage, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. It depends on factors like your weight and how much you want to lose. A standard starting dose is 500 mg, taken once or twice a day.
If you are still waiting to see results after a few weeks, you can increase the quantity to 3 grams daily. Just be sure to take at most the recommended amount, as doing so could lead to side effects like nausea and vomiting.
If you're looking for a natural way to boost your weight loss efforts, give activated charcoal a try. Just be sure to follow the above guidelines and listen to your body. As always, talk to your doctor before starting any new supplement regime.
Every person's body is different, and we all respond to substances differently. It is why it's essential to research and consult a doctor before adding activated charcoal to your diet. That said, there is some evidence to suggest that activated charcoal can be helpful for people who are trying to lose weight.