The Paleo diet is all about eating wholesome, nutritious foods that are as close to their natural state as possible. It means lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and healthy fats.
If you're new to the Paleo diet or just looking for some new recipe inspiration, look no further! Here are five delicious Paleo vegetable recipes to help mix things up. From a savory roasted cauliflower dish to a sweet and satisfying roasted carrot dessert, there's something for everyone.
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Pecans
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Pecans is a healthy, flavorful, and easy-to-make Paleo dish. This recipe uses fresh Brussels sprouts, dried cranberries, and pecans, naturally gluten-free and Paleo-friendly.
The Brussels sprouts are sautéed in olive oil until they're tender and crispy, then they're tossed with the cranberries and pecans. The result is a delicious, healthy, festive side dish that's perfect for the holidays or any special occasion.
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon
Roasted broccoli is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy this versatile vegetable. This recipe features garlic and lemon, two classic flavors that complement broccoli well.
- First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, wash your broccoli and cut it into bite-sized pieces. Next, peel and chop two cloves of garlic.
- Mix the broccoli, garlic, the juice of half a lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry with Chicken and Vegetables
This cauliflower rice stir-fry is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy your favorite Chinese takeout dish without all the guilt! It's packed with chicken and vegetables and is cooked in a flavorful sauce. Serve it over cauliflower rice for a complete Paleo meal.
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One large head of cauliflower, riced (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce
- One small zucchini, diced
- One red bell pepper, diced
To make the cauliflower rice: Cut the florets off the cauliflower and pulse in a food processor until they're broken up into small pieces. Please don't overdo it, or you'll end up with mush. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the riced cauliflower.
Cook for 5-7 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the cauliflower is tender. Add the chicken broth and stir-fry sauce and continue cooking for another minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over high heat. Add the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 5-7 minutes until cooked through