Carbs are the most important consideration when crafting a healthy meal plan, especially if weight loss or management is a goal. By creating your eating plan based on zero-carb foods, you create more wiggle room to account for cheat meals and times when you are more relaxed with your food choices.
This makes it more likely you'll stick with your plan over the long run. Using zero-carb foods as the foundation of your eating plan is something we should all do.
The Top No-Carb Foods
1. Meat: All types of meat are naturally low in carbs and high in protein, making them an ideal food for those on a low-carb diet. This includes beef, pork, lamb, chicken, turkey, and game meats.
2. Fish: Like meat, fish is also naturally low in carbs and high in protein. Salmon, tuna, trout, and other fatty fish are good options.
3. Eggs: Eggs are another food that is naturally low in carbs and high in protein. They're also very versatile and can be cooked in many different ways.
4. Cheese is another great option for those on a low-carb diet. It's high in protein and fat but low in carbs.
5. Vegetables: Most vegetables are low in carbs and full of water, making them an excellent option for filling you up without the weight gain associated with spiking insulin and glucose.