The scent of basil oil has a very soothing and relaxing effect on the mind. It has been a natural remedy to relieve stress, anxiety, and depression. Basil oil is also known as Tulsi or Holy Basil oil.
The main benefits of this essential oil are its anti-inflammatory properties. The Basil Essential Oil has many uses in aromatherapy, cosmetics, and the food industry. The principal chemical components of the herbaceous plant are eugenol, linalool, methyl eugenol, beta-caryophyllene, alpha-Humulus lupulus ester-1, eugenic acid, and caryophyllene oxide.
Reduce stress and anxiety
The scent of basil oil has a very soothing and relaxing effect on the mind. It has been a natural remedy to relieve stress, anxiety, and depression.
Basil oil is an excellent herb for stress reduction, along with other essential oils like lavender, bergamot, ylang-ylang, and rosewood. During the research, it was found that this oil can help to reduce cortisol levels in the blood. There are many ways to use basil oil to reduce stress and anxiety-like inhaling, applying on wrists, diffusing, or applying on the soles of feet.
Promote better sleep
Basil oil can help you to promote better sleep and reduce anxiety. It can be beneficial when one has trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. The calming effect of this oil helps reduce mental and emotional stress.
This oil is also valuable for other health issues like epilepsy, cramps, bronchitis, chicken pox, measles, colds, stomach aches, and menstrual cramps. Basil oil also helps regulate blood sugar levels and is a natural antidepressant. It also helps improve mood by regulating serotonin levels in the brain and reducing cortisol levels in the blood.
Help in depression and mood disorders
As discussed above, basil oil can regulate the production of serotonin in the brain and aid in decreasing cortisol levels in the blood. This helps in reducing anxiety, depression, stress, and other mood disorders. Basil oil also helps reduce dopamine levels in the brain, which further helps improve your mood and reduce the risk of depression.
Protect skin from UV rays
Basil oil is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory oil. It protects our body from harmful UV rays and fights against aging signs. It can also remove stretch marks, reducing the appearance of scars and spots on the skin.
It is best used for protecting yourself from harmful UV rays during the summer. It benefits those who go to beaches and must protect their skin from harmful UV rays. It can also be applied on the car seats and back seats of your car, as it can protect the seats from UV damage and also keep your car seats smelling fresh.
Other benefits of Basil oil
Basil oil can be used to improve digestion. You can add it to your meals or use it as a salt substitute.
- It can be used to kill pests like mosquitoes and cockroaches.
- It can be used as a mosquito repellent. Put a cotton ball with basil oil or a few drops in a water bowl.
- It can be used to soothe sunburns and other minor skin burns.
- It can be used to cleanse your face and remove makeup.
- It can be used as a natural fragrance for perfumes and colognes.
- It can be beneficial for people who suffer from insomnia.
- It can be used as a natural painkiller.
- It can reduce the appearance of dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles.
How to use it?
- Basil oil can be applied on the skin directly, inhaled, or diffused in the air.
- It can be applied on the skin directly by mixing it with a carrier oil like coconut oil or jojoba oil.
- Basil oil can be a natural fragrance for perfumes and colognes.
- It can be inhaled by putting a few drops of basil oil on a handkerchief and putting it on your nose while inhaling. You can also put a few drops in a diffuser.
- You can also use basil oil in your cooking or massage oil and add a few drops to your bathwater.
- Basil oil can be used during the daytime as it has vitamin E and citral, natural sun blockers.
Side effects of Basil oil: Is it safe?
Basil oil is a very safe essential oil as it does not have any side effects and is very beneficial for our health. However, pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers should avoid using it. Children under the age of two should prevent it.
The basil oil is safe for the skin and can be used for aromatherapy. It can be a suitable replacement for synthetic fragrances made from harmful chemicals. It can reduce the appearance of dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles.
Basil oil can also improve digestion, kill pests, and reduce sunburns. It can also be used as a natural painkiller. When it comes to basil oil, you can use it in many ways and buy it online.
Basil oil is a potent and beneficial essential oil. It can help reduce stress and anxiety, promote better sleep, and help with depression and mood disorders. It can also protect the skin from UV rays, mosquito bites, and cockroaches. It is a very safe oil and can be used by all age groups.
It can be used in many ways, like applying on the skin directly, inhaling, diffusing in the air, adding it to your meals, or using it as a fragrance for perfumes and colognes. It can also reduce the appearance of dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles. It is a very inexpensive essential oil that won't break the bank. Try basil oil if you want to profit from it.