If you're like most people, coffee is a staple in your diet. You might even be one who can only start their day with it. But what if I told you there was a way to make your coffee even better for you?
Enter protein coffee. Protein coffee is a type of coffee that has been enriched with protein powder.
This combination provides various benefits, including increased energy levels, improved mental focus, and reduced hunger cravings. In this article, we will explore the benefits of protein coffee and provide a recipe for how to make it at home.
What is protein coffee?
If you're a coffee lover who is also into fitness, you've probably heard of protein coffee. But what is it, and what are the benefits?
Protein coffee is simply coffee with added protein. Protein is an essential nutrient that helps our bodies build and repair tissue and is necessary for athletes and active people. Adding protein to coffee can help increase its nutrient content and make it more filling, which is great if you're looking to curb your appetite or fuel your workout.
There are a few different ways to make protein coffee. You can add protein powder to your regular cup of joe or use a ready-to-drink protein coffee like RTD Coffee from Muscle Milk. Or, if you want to get creative, you can make your protein-packed concoction at home using ingredients like nut butter, eggs, and dairy or plant-based milk.
No matter how you choose, adding protein to your coffee can have some profound benefits. Here are a few of the most noteworthy:
- It Can Boost Your Workout Performance
If you're looking for an extra edge in the gym, protein coffee can help. Caffeine alone has been shown to improve exercise performance, but it can be even more effective when combined with protein. One study showed that cyclists who drank caffeinated coffee with whey protein before riding improved their endurance.
What are the benefits of protein coffee?
Protein coffee is a type of coffee that has been enriched with protein. There are many potential benefits of protein coffee, including:
- Increased energy levels: Protein coffee can provide a much-needed energy boost, particularly first thing in the morning or after exercise.
- Improved muscle recovery: Protein coffee protein can help repair and rebuild muscles after exercise.
- Enhanced weight loss: Protein coffee can help you to feel fuller for longer, meaning you're less likely to snack between meals and overeat. This can lead to reduced calorie intake and weight loss over time.
- Lower blood sugar levels: Protein helps to stabilize blood sugar levels, which is especially beneficial if you have diabetes or are trying to lose weight.
- Improved brain function: Protein provides the building blocks for neurotransmitters, which play a role in cognitive function and mental health. Coffee itself also has many well-documented cognitive benefits.
How to make protein coffee
Protein coffee is a type of coffee that includes protein powder as an added ingredient. Protein coffee can be made at home by adding protein powder to brewed coffee or purchasing pre-made protein coffee drinks. There are many benefits to drinking protein coffee, including increased energy levels, improved mental focus, and enhanced muscle recovery.
When making protein coffee at home, choosing a high-quality protein powder that dissolves well in liquid is essential.
A scoop of protein powder should be added for every 8 ounces of brewed coffee. The protein powder and coffee should be blended with a blender or immersion for the best results.
Protein coffee can be enjoyed hot or cold and can be flavored with milk, sugar, or other desired ingredients. If you are looking for a quick and easy way to boost your morning cup of joe with some extra protein, try making protein coffee!
Recipes for protein coffee
You can make protein coffee in a few different ways, depending on your ingredients and how much time you want to spend making it. Here are a few recipes to get you started:
- Simple Protein Coffee: This is the quickest and easiest way to make protein coffee. Add 1-2 protein powder scoops to your regular coffee cup. If you want, you can also add a little bit of milk or cream to help the protein powder dissolve.
Protein Coffee Smoothie: If you want a more substantial breakfast or snack, try making a protein coffee smoothie. Combine 1 cup of cold coffee, one scoop of protein powder, one banana, and 1 cup of almond milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Protein Iced Coffee:
- Try this recipe for iced protein coffee for a refreshing summertime treat.
- Combine 1 cup of cold brew coffee, one scoop of protein powder, 1 cup of almond milk, and a handful of ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Protein coffee is a delicious and healthy way to get your morning dose of protein. It's easy to make, and you can customize it to your taste.
Plus, it's a great way to fuel your body before a workout. Protein coffee is the perfect choice if you're looking for a nutritious and tasty way to start your day.