Mussels are a gift from nature. A delicacy as well as a powerhouse of nutrition, check out a few reasons why you might want to consider adding mussels to your diet.
- B-12 Powerhouse: They provide approximately 850% or 8.5 times the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for Vitamin B-12.
- High in Protein: Mussels are an excellent source of lean protein, crucial for muscle building and repair.
- Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids: They contain significant omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health and reduce inflammation.
- Loaded with Vitamins: Mussels are a great source of B vitamins, particularly Vitamin B12, and also provide vitamins C and E.
- Mineral-rich: They offer a range of minerals, including iron, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, and zinc, all essential for various bodily functions.
- Low in Calories and Fat: Mussels are low in calories and fat, making them a healthy choice for those monitoring their weight.
- Source of Antioxidants: They contain antioxidants that help protect the body from harmful free radicals.
- Good for Brain Health: The omega-3s and other nutrients in mussels support brain health and cognitive function.
- Low in Contaminants: Due to their position on the food chain, mussels are generally low in contaminants such as mercury and PCBs, making them a safer seafood choice.
Mussels are a superfood. Tasty and nutritious. They contain your daily b-12 as well as 20g of protein. And you can take it on the go, being a shelf-stable product.