The beauty industry is flourishing, and new products, innovations, and niche ingredients come with it. Everyone from Victoria’s Secret models to your local high schoolers is using some beauty products now more than ever.
Fortunately, the good people of the world have also identified the potential dangers in many ingredients and have taken steps to remove them or avoid them altogether. This has left us with many natural alternatives that smell amazing and are great for our skin. One of these options is cassia essential oil.
This article will explore the benefits of Cassia essential oil, its properties, and how you can boost your skincare routine.
What is Cassia essential oil?
Cassia essential oil is made from the seeds of the Chinese sweet aroma tree (Cassia Tora). It is a pale yellow color and has a warm, spicy aroma. It is often used in Chinese medicine and natural skincare as a calming agent. It is also rich in antioxidants and minerals such as calcium, manganese, iron, and zinc.
The sweet Chinese aroma tree is a tall tree that grows in tropical and subtropical climates. It belongs to the family of legumes and is related to the carob tree. It produces edible pods that are rich in protein and starch.
The tree has white to pale pink flowers and is pollinated by bees. The flowers produce dried and crushed seeds to make Cassia essential oil.
Properties of Cassia essential oil
Cassia essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties that are great for relaxing inflamed skin. It can be used to treat rashes, eczema, and acne.
- Anti-bacterial - Cassia essential oil has a rich, warm scent that acts as a natural antibacterial agent.
- Promotes healing - This essential oil has some excellent healing properties. It can lessen scarring and hasten the healing process.
- Reduces stretch marks - If you’ve just given birth or are undergoing some other bodily change, then you know how frustrating stretch marks can be. Thankfully, cassia essential oil can help reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- Natural sunscreen - Many synthetic sunscreens contain chemicals that are harmful to our skin. Cassia essential oil can create a natural sunscreen that is gentle on the skin.
- Helps heal bruises - Bruises are incredibly common and can be upsetting. Cassia essential oil can help speed up the healing process and reduce the appearance of bruises.
Benefits of Cassia Essential Oil for Skin Care
- Anti-Aging - Aging happens to the best of us, but you can prevent it to a certain extent by taking care of your skin. Utilizing an anti-aging serum is one method of achieving this. Cassia essential oil can be added to serums to nourish the skin, promote cell regeneration, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Fights Hyperpigmentation - Hyperpigmentation is a common skin condition caused by several factors. Cassia essential oil is an effective treatment for this condition.
- Great for Sensitive Skin - If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, then you know how difficult it can be to find skincare products that work for you. You can use cassia essential oil as a natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent to reduce irritation and breakouts.
- Helps fight against Acne - Acne can be incredibly frustrating. It can be challenging to find a skincare treatment that works. Cassia essential oil is an effective treatment against acne.
- Soothes Dry Skin - Dry skin can be incredibly irritating and lead to eczema and other skin conditions. Cassia essential oil can be added to a moisturizing cream, or you can use it as a massage oil to help soothe dry skin.
- Helps with Psoriasis - Psoriasis is a common skin condition that can be incredibly uncomfortable and painful. Cassia essential oil is an effective treatment for this condition.
Other benefits of Cassia Essential Oil for Skin Care
- Helps treat allergies - If you suffer from seasonal allergies, then you know how difficult they can be to treat. Cassia essential oil is excellent for mild allergies, so you can use it as a massage oil or add it to a diffuser.
- Helps heal wounds - Wounds may seem like minor injuries, but they can become serious if they aren’t treated. Cassia essential oil can speed up the healing process and reduce the appearance of scars.
- Helps with Stretch marks - Stretch marks start to appear when our skin fails to repair itself after it’s been stretched. Cassia essential oil can speed up the healing process and reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
How to use Cassia Essential Oil in your skincare routine
- Skin Balm - You can use cassia essential oil to create a skin balm. Combine it with some shea butter, beeswax, and rosehip oil, and you’ll have a fantastic skin balm that hydrates and nourishes your skin.
- Moisturizing Cream - You can add cassia essential oil to a moisturizing cream to hydrate your skin.
- Face Serum - You can use cassia essential oil to create a face serum that protects, hydrates, and nourishes your skin.
- Face Mask - You can use cassia essential oil in a face mask to hydrate, soothe, and tone your skin.
- Massage Oil - If you have sore muscles, you can use cassia essential oil to create a massage oil that will soothe and calm them.
- Shower Steam - Cassia essential oil is excellent if you like adding essential oils to your showers.
Cassia essential oil is an excellent addition to any skincare routine. It can be used to create several products and has amazing anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties. Cassia essential oil is a must-have for any skincare routine with many benefits.