It’s the new year, and we’re presenting 4 easy ways to stick to your resolution of eating healthy in 2021. All 4 have one thing in common - the Instant Pot. This device not only speeds up cooking but also ensures you eat healthier.
All said it’s the perfect lifestyle makeover to make in 2021. So don’t wait any further - check out the 4 Instant Pot recipes that are sure to have your favorite people raving about you.
Instant Pot Beef And Broccoli
Instant Pot beef and broccoli is a dish that combines two ingredients rich in nutrients, in the device that retains the most of their benefits. Broccoli is considered a superfood and is a good source of MCT (Medium-Chain Triglycerides) Oil. It helps you lose weight, reduce appetite, get an energy boost, and lessen inflammation. Also, beef has lots of iron and vitamins, especially the rare and special Vitamin B12.
This finger-licking recipe from Corrie Cooks gets a meal done in just 25 minutes. A far cry from the traditional cook times that range around the 1-hour mark.
- 1 ½ lb flank steak or chuck roast, cut in thin strips
- 1 lb broccoli, divided into florets
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- ¾ cup beef broth
- ½ cup soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- 3 tbs water
- Put the Instant Pot into Saute mode, and pour in the canola oil.
- Once the oil is hot, start browning the beef in batches.
- Then, put all the ingredients except the cornstarch and water into the Instant Pot, and stir well so that the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Seal the lid, and cook for 10 minutes under high pressure.
- Once over, release the pressure quickly.
- Add cornstarch and water to the pot, stirring well until the mixture is smooth.
- Put in the broccoli and set the Instant Pot to Saute.
- Shut the lid, and cook for 3 minutes (in Saute mode only). Add 2 more minutes if the broccoli is frozen.
Instant Pot Honey Bourbon Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken thighs/breasts, skinless and boneless
- ½ cup Bourbon
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup soy sauce (gluten-free, or use a substitute)
- 2 tbs honey
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- 3 tbs water
- Put all the ingredients except cornstarch, water, and onions into the Instant Pot. Mix well, and ensure that the chicken is well coated.
- Close the lid, and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes (18 if the chicken is frozen).
- Meanwhile, add cornstarch to the water and mix until completely dissolved.
- When the cooking is over, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, and then let it out quickly.
- Take the chicken out, and chop into bite-sized portions.
- Put the Instant Pot into Saute mode, and pour in the cornstarch mix slowly, stirring constantly until the gravy thickens.
- Switch off, and mix in the chicken. Garnish with green onions, and serve hot.
Instant Pot Brownies
Brownies are typically made from all-purpose flour, which is not just gluten loaded but is also detrimental to your health. The good news is that these brownies are gluten-free, gorgeous, and gone in no time at all.
- 1 cup pumpkin/carrots, pureed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs vanilla extract (Or, ½ tbs vanilla powder)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Put all the ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Take a 7-inch springform pan, and grease the inner surface. Pour in the batter, and cover it with foil.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the Instant Pot, and place in a trivet.
- Cut a long piece of foil, and fold it to 1/3rd of its width, to form a sling. Use it to lower the pan onto the trivet.
- Cook for 35 minutes under high pressure, and then release the pressure quickly.
- Take the pan out, allow the brownies to cool, and serve.
Instant Pot Lentil Sloppy Joes
Meet the healthier version of sloppy joes. And the reason why the Instant Pot is best suited to make this recipe is time. While the cooking time here is just 30 minutes, the traditional method takes more than an hour.
- 1 lb green/brown lentils
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled, diced
- 3 cups water
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 3 tbs Worcestershire sauce (gluten-free)
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt, or as per taste
- Gluten-free buns
- Put the Instant Pot into saute mode, and put in some oil or cooking spray.
- When it heats up, put in the carrot, onions, and pepper.
- Cook, for 5 minutes, stirring so that everything cooks evenly.
- Throw in all the other ingredients, and mix well.
- Seal the lid, and cook for 12 minutes under high pressure.
- Allow for a natural pressure release.
- Cut the buns in half, spread the pickles and sauces of your choice on it, and ladle in a generous helping of the cooked lentils. Serve with a happy smile!
Adopt the Instant Pot for a healthier lifestyle, and you’ll see the results reflected in your family’s smiles. Also, take it to the next level, embracing a holistic approach to your health, using only sustainably sourced, pure, premium supplements, health boosters, and teas.