We’ve gone over the benefits of reishi before—now it’s time to discover a few excellent ways to drink reishi mushroom tea!
A recent article on reishi mushrooms described how “The increasing popularity of medicinal mushrooms is likely due to an increasing plethora of scientific data pointing to their benefits. To this end, reishi benefits and side effects have earned plenty of attention, for reishi is now coined the ‘mushroom of immortality.’”
We describe how the reishi mushroom has been medicinal in traditional Chinese medicine for around 2000 years. That’s a long time!
Boasting many valuable benefits, some of the primary things going for reishi are its ability to increase natural killer cells, promote mood and energy, and boost overall immunity. An investigation into the power of reishi has spurred us to acquire some extraordinary (and simple) ways to consume reishi mushroom tea.
Try out the recipe that most appeals to you!
Reishi Mushroom Tea Recipe Ideas
Before we begin, it’s worth mentioning the importance of acquiring top-notch reishi mushroom powder for these teas. At Wild Foods, we pride ourselves in producing our Shroom #1 Reishi Mushroom Extract 10:1; Our Wild Reishi is always log-grown by small Chinese farmers that have been growing mushrooms for generations. Many other companies may cultivate their reishi by increasing it on sawdust, cork, or grain.
We ensure you’re getting Real Food grown naturally by only using log-grown. Plus, the quality of log-grown is quite noticeable over others.
Alright, onto the recipes!
Reishi Milk Tea Latte
Reishi doesn’t necessarily have bad taste. Many report it tastes something like cocoa powder. Regardless, beginners to the world of mushrooms may wish to start with a tea that emphasizes flavor and masks the earthy tones of reishi mushrooms.
Making reishi mushroom tea with milk is a good choice for a tasty morning or evening beverage. Experiment with ratios and adding other ingredients to boost the benefits of your routine drink further.
- Heat your plant milk of choice in a pot over the stove.
- Place the hot milk in a blender. Add a serving (approximately half a tsp) of reishi powder into the blender.
- Add a low-glycemic sweetener such as stevia, xylitol, raw honey, or coconut sugar to the blender.
- Add any other ingredients to boost the benefits of your tea (think our Wild Cocotropic or a serving of Wild Cocoa Butter for a creamier consistency)
- Blend for 7 seconds. Pour into a mug.
- Enjoy with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
Simple Reishi Mushroom Tea
Here’s a simple take on a reishi mushroom tea. It only requires reishi mushroom powder and hot water.
- Boil hot water in a kettle or pot over the stove.
- Let the boiling water stand/cool off for 30 seconds.
- Place hot water (off the boil) and a serving of reishi in a cup.
- Stir thoroughly.
That’s it. Simplicity. Feel free to use a blender or our blender bottle if you want a more straightforward stirring process. Also, note that a few lemon pairs nicely with this tea.
Reishi Mushroom Tea with Golden Milk
Golden Milk is an Ayurvedic treasure with a host of benefits. This recipe uses Golden Milk Powder fused with reishi mushroom for an authentic superfood tea.
- Heat plant milk or water over the stove.
- Add the water/milk, a serving of golden milk powder, and a serving of reishi mushroom to a blender cup.
- Blend for 7 seconds.
- Pour and add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top if desired.