One of our best-selling Wild Teas, Curr Berr #6, is the perfect ingredient for the following homemade gummy recipe.
It’s sweet and tangy flavor and bright red color scream, “Make gummies out of me!”
Not to mention the fact that it’s a veritable powerhouse of antioxidant, inflammatory fighting goodness.
Take a bit of grass-fed beef gelatin (or Wild Collagen), honey, and fresh lemon juice, and you’ve got a unique, delicious, and adorable gummy bear that packs a punch in more ways than one.
Take a few days for a nutritional boost or throw them in your gym bag for some post-workout recovery.
Traveling? Pack these bad boys and have protein and immune-boosting power in your pocket!
Curr Berr Gummies
- ¾ cup of filtered water
- 3 tbsp. Wild Tea #6: Curr Berr
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. local honey (or Manuka honey)
- ¼ cup grass-fed gelatin (or Wild Collagen)
- Bring ¾ cup water to a light simmer in a small saucepot.
- Remove from heat, stir in tea. Mix and cover set aside.
- Steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tea back into the saucepot through a fine-mesh sieve, discard the berry mix.
- Heat tea mix on medium heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice and gelatin. Whisk until all the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat, stir in the honey.
- Distribute the mix between food grade silicone molds.
- Refrigerate to a firm, 30-40 minutes.
- Carefully pop out of molds and store in a jar in the fridge.
*Although they do well at room temperature if you’re going to pack them in a bag for a few hours.
*If you don’t have molds, you can line a loaf pan or glass baking dish with parchment paper. Pour the mix in and place in the fridge on a flat surface until it sets and becomes firm, about 40 minutes. Then cut it into cubes.