The Smoothest Iced Tea Ever
Did you know that black tea is the most widely consumed tea in the United States?
Most people think green tea is… but green tea only accounts for a mere ~8% of national tea consumption.
Unfortunately, most of the black tea consumed is not 1) good quality and 2) health-promoting.
After all, most iced teas served in restaurants are made from cheap, mass-produced teas, like Lipton’s, and full of a whopping 40g (or more) of sugar.
But there’s a better way.
And it starts with the recipe below—and continues when you make the recipe below in batch and keep plenty in your fridge.
I’ve told many Wild customers that our #9 Twilight Black Tea is the smoothest black tea I’ve ever tried… and I’ve sampled hundreds of black teas from around the world.
Smoothest Iced Tea Ever
- Wild Tea #9 Black Tea – Ratio = 3g per 6oz Water
- Filtered Water
- Lemon or lime
- Optional: Honey or other preferred (natural) sweetener
- Bring the desired amount of water to boil based on this ratio: Ratio = 3g per 6oz Water
- Weigh out your tea and place it in a glass pitcher or mason jar.
- Bring water to a boil, then take off the heat and let sit for 30 seconds.
- Pour water over the tea.
- Let steep for 6 minutes.
- Strain the tea and save (keep in the fridge) for another cup of tea or compost.
- Place pitcher or jar in the fridge until cooled.
- To serve, pour over ice and add lemon and sweetener to taste.