Are you on the ketogenic diet and miss lunchtime sandwiches? Don’t worry; you are not alone! It can be hard to find a filling and satisfying sandwich that fits into your macros without skimping on flavor.
Thankfully, this Keto Chicken Salad is here to save the day! This delicious keto chicken salad recipe is tasty and won’t leave you feeling deprived. It’s filled with crunchy celery, juicy grapes, and salty almonds for a balanced bite that will keep you coming back for more.
Whether you’re looking for an easy meal prep idea or something to bring for lunch at work, this keto chicken salad will become your new favorite way to get in those greens. The chicken salad combines chopped chicken, mayonnaise, and various add-ins. Usually, it also includes grapes, apples, celery, and nuts for added texture and flavor.
In this case, the term “salad” refers to the vegetable pieces in the dish (usually celery) more than the dressing. Chicken salad is often served on sandwiches, salads, or crackers. It’s a classic recipe with tons of variations.
How to make keto chicken salad
Start by cooking the chicken (boneless, skinless breasts work best). You can either boil, bake, or pressure cook the chicken.
If using a pressure cooker, cook it for 15-20 minutes. If using a slow cooker, cook it on low for 6-8 hours. Once the chicken is cooked, let it cool and chop it into small pieces.
Sprinkle the chopped chicken with salt and pepper to taste. In a large bowl, combine the chopped chicken, celery, grapes, almonds, and mayo—season with salt and pepper to taste.
Mix until everything is combined. If the salad seems too dry, you can add a little bit of milk or water. Enjoy the salad on a sandwich or with crackers.
Creamy Chicken Salad Sauce
This creamy chicken salad sauce is the perfect addition to any recipe. It’s creamy, rich, and full of bold flavors. It’s super easy to make and only has four ingredients.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Two tablespoons sour cream
- One tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- This sauce is also great with other salads or as a dip for veggies. You can also use it as a spread for a sandwich if you want to keep it keto.
Keto chicken salad recipe
- Mix the mayo and lemon juice. Then, chop and mix the celery, almonds, and grapes.
- Add the mayo mixture and chopped chicken, and mix everything.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Please give it a final stir and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Enjoy it on a sandwich or with crackers. To make a big batch, stir everything together in a large bowl.
- Then, divide the salad into individual servings and store them in airtight containers in the fridge. You can also keep the salad in zippered bags or a resealable container so it’s ready to go when needed.
Chicken salad is a classic recipe that can quickly turn keto using low-carb ingredients. It’s a versatile dish you can enjoy on sandwiches or with crackers. This keto chicken salad recipe is the perfect way to sneak more greens and healthy fats into your diet.
This salad will hit the spot if you’re craving a savory sandwich. It’s a hearty and satisfying meal you can quickly turn into meal prep for later.
And if you’re craving something sweet, you can use this salad as a base for a delicious parfait. No matter how you eat it, this keto chicken salad recipe is sure to be a hit!