Adaptogenic Energy - Why these 5 adaptogens are the best for breaking your energy plateau
An energy plateau is when you have a period when your energy and motivation are at a low point. It's something that everyone experiences, but how can you get through it?
Let's face it. Sometimes the world feels like one constant struggle. In this modern age, there are so many responsibilities to shoulder, from work to home life and everything in between.
You feel like you're constantly on the go, moving from one place to another, meeting deadlines, and hitting objectives. Even when we take time for ourselves and make it a priority to reconnect with friends or other aspects of our life that bring us joy, sooner or later, an energy plateau creeps up on us again.
What is an energy plateau?
An energy plateau is when you experience a period where your energy levels are deficient. It can also be known as a "slump" or a "rut." It's something that everyone experiences, but how can you get through it?
Finding the motivation to do the things you usually enjoy during an energy plateau may be challenging. You may have less energy to exercise, study, or travel, which can cause you to feel trapped in your own life.
When an energy plateau happens, it is essential to try to limit the stress in your life so that you can get through it faster. While experiencing a low-energy period, you must ensure you don't over-extend yourself.
5 Adaptogens for breaking your energy plateau
Adaptogenic herbs are herbs that help your body cope with stress. They help restore your normal state of being when you feel stressed or overworked. Because adaptogens are herbs, they don't have the same side effects that most synthetic or pharmaceutical drugs have. They are natural remedies that can effectively boost your energy levels and help you get out of an energy plateau.
- Ashwagandha - Ashwagandha is one of the most popular and effective adaptogenic herbs. It is a fantastic herb to utilize if you're nervous, agitated, or physically or mentally exhausted. Ashwagandha is commonly used to balance the HPA (hypothalamus, pituitary, and adrenal glands) axis, which regulates the hormones responsible for your mood and energy levels.
- Ginseng - There are several different types of ginseng. Some classes have more energy-boosting properties than others. Chinese or Korean ginseng are the two most common types of ginseng.
Ginseng is commonly used to promote mental and physical well-being, especially fatigue. Ginseng is also believed to help with stress-related disorders such as irritability, anxiety, and insomnia.
- Rhodiola Rosea - Rhodiola Rosea is another excellent choice for adaptogenic herbs. Rhodiola is commonly used for stress and fatigue. It is also known for improving cognitive function, which means it is perfect for studying or work that requires a lot of mental focus.
- Tulsi - Tulsi is the herb commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine, an ancient Indian healing system. Tulsi is widely used for stress or anxiety, but it can also be used to promote energy.
- Schisandra - Schisandra is a berry and a widespread adaptogenic herb. Schisandra is used for stress, insomnia, fatigue, and anxiety. It is commonly used in Chinese medicine. Schisandra is also known for increasing energy and promoting longevity.
How to use adaptogens to break your energy plateau
To use adaptogens to break your energy plateau, you first must identify which adaptogen is best for you. All of the adaptogens listed above have different benefits.
Once you have selected the best adaptogen, try taking it daily or every other day. Most adaptogenic herbs are best when taken long-term rather than just in a short burst.
Taking adaptogenic herbs long-term can help you reduce the number of "down" days and can help you get back to your routine, positive state of being.
Another thing to remember when using adaptogens to break your energy plateau is to ensure you take care of your body. Part of recovering while in an energy plateau is ensuring you're also taking care of yourself. This means eating a healthy diet, getting plenty of sleep, reducing stress, and avoiding stimulants like caffeine.
An energy plateau is something that everyone experiences, but you don't have to stay stuck in it. These five adaptogens are the best herbs for breaking your energy plateau. They are natural remedies that can effectively boost your energy levels and help you return to your routine, positive state of being.
These adaptogens are best-taken long-term, not just for a short burst. It is also essential to ensure you take care of your body in an energy plateau. This means eating a healthy diet, getting plenty of sleep, reducing stress, and avoiding stimulants.