This breakfast is a classic. Warm and simple, perfect for cold mornings. Make them sweet with honey drizzle and chia seeds or savory with pepper and herbs!
Makes 1 servingPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 4 minutes
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 2 farm fresh eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Raw honey
- Chia seeds
- Black pepper
- Heat a cast-iron over medium heat until it comes to temperature.
- In the meantime, find something hollow that is about an inch wide to cut out in the center of your bread. You can use the lid to spices, or the plug to your blender lid, etc.
- Add the butter or oil to the hot skillet and then add your slices of bread.
- Toast for 1 minute, then flips the bread.
- Crack an egg into each hole.
- Add a pinch of salt to each egg.
- Cook here for 1 minute, then flip over and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove from the skillet, add your toppings, and serve!