Wild Recipe: Matcha Kettle Corn
1/3 cup popcorn kernels¼ cup coconut oil1 cup xylitol½ cup of maple syrup½ cup of unsalted butter½ tsp Wild Pink Salt½ tsp baking soda1 tsp Wild Vanilla2 tsp Wild Matcha
Pop The Popcorn
1. Heat 3 popcorn kernels in coconut oil on the stovetop on medium heat. Wait for all three to pop. Remove kernels and place pot off the heat for 30 seconds.
2. Next, add your 1/3 cup popcorn and coat the kernels with coconut oil. Put the lid on and wait for corn to start popping. Shake and move the pot as you go to keep from burning.
Make The Caramel
3. Move the popcorn into a shallow roasting pan and put it in the oven at 250 degrees.
4. Clean the pot you used before and add the butter, maple syrup, salt, and brown sugar together over medium heat.
5. Stir constantly till it boils. Boil for 2-3 minutes, do NOT turn your back on the stove since it can burn quickly!
6. Remove from the heat and add the baking soda and Wild Vanilla. Mix well.
7. Pour the caramel syrup over the warm popcorn and stir it evenly to coat.
8. Bake for 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
9. Remove from the stove and spread out the kernels on a baking sheet or spread foil. Leave to harden.
10. Cool; break apart. Sprinkle with Wild Matcha powder.