The No BS Guide to Adaptogens for Hormonal Balance and Stress
Do you feel like your stressors are coming at you from all angles? You’ve got more responsibilities than ever before, your inbox is always full, and you can’t seem to find a moment of peace. Even when you’re relaxing, it feels like something is looming over your head.
Yes, the world is getting crazier every day—but that doesn’t mean you have to crack under pressure. Adaptogens are medicinal plants that help the body adapt to stressors and maintain homeostasis (a state of balance). These plants can help reduce stress and anxiety while balancing hormones and supporting optimal health.
What Is An Adaptogen?
An adaptogen is a herb or plant that can help your body cope with stress and reduce feelings of anxiety. There are many adaptogens, but the most popular are Rhodiola, ashwagandha, maca, and holy basil.
While they are called adaptogens, they each have unique benefits depending on your needs. Ashwagandha is excellent for balancing hormones and reducing stress, Rhodiola is great for increasing energy, and maca is perfect for regrowth and balancing the endocrine system. Holy basil reduces anxiety, improves sleep, and decreases stress.
Why Are Adaptogens Good for Women?
Since modern life is so stressful, it’s no surprise that anxiety and stress are huge problems for women. As a society, we’ve become busier and busier. Our schedules are packed, and we’re constantly barraged with emails, texts, and other distractions.
Too much stress is bad for our bodies and minds, so we must find ways to cope. Adaptogens are great to add to your daily health routine because they can help reduce anxiety and stress.
They can also help balance hormones, improve sleep, promote mental clarity, and more. The best part is that since each adaptogen has unique properties, you can experiment and find what works best.
5 Adaptogens to Get You Through the Day
- Rhodiola: This is great for reducing stress and anxiety while improving mental clarity. If you want more energy, try mixing it with coffee or another energy-boosting supplement.
- Ashwagandha: This is great for balancing hormones, improving sleep, and reducing stress. This is a great one to try if you’re looking to boost fertility and promote stronger ovulation.
- Maca: This is great for regrowth, balancing the endocrine system, promoting fertility, and improving libido. This can also be beneficial for those with thyroid issues.
- Holy Basil: This is great for reducing anxiety, improving sleep, and decreasing anxiety. This is a fantastic alternative if you want to get better sleep and feel less nervous.
2 Scents That Help With Stress and Anxiety
- Bergamot: This is great for anxiety because it’s a very uplifting scent. It’s also been shown to reduce stress, improve mood, and increase focus.
- Frankincense: This scent is similar to bergamot. It’s calming and promotes feelings of relaxation. It’s also great for reducing stress and anxiety.
- Basil: This scent is great for stress and anxiety because it’s very grounding and promotes feelings of mental clarity.
1 Food That Supports Hormonal Balance and Stress
Certain foods can help decrease stress and anxiety while supporting hormonal balance. Some of the best include almonds, dark chocolate, and pumpkin seeds.
Also, try to incorporate foods rich in B vitamins and magnesium, which are vital for stress reduction. If you’re stressed, try incorporating these adaptogens into your routine.
They can help to reduce stress and anxiety while also supporting hormonal balance. They’re great to add to your daily health routine because they’re simple ways to help reduce stress and anxiety.
2 Movements That Calm the Body and Mind
- Yoga: This is a great way to calm not only the body but also the mind. Yoga has been shown to reduce anxiety and promote feelings of relaxation. It’s also a great way to reduce stress, improve flexibility and build self-confidence.
- Meditation: While this might sound like a weird way to relax, research has shown that it’s just as effective as yoga. It’s also a great way to quiet the mind and promote feelings of relaxation.
If you’re feeling stressed out and anxious, it’s essential to do something about it. Adaptogens are a great way to reduce stress and anxiety while supporting hormonal balance. They’re also a simple way to add to your daily health routine.
There are many adaptogens, so try another if one isn’t working for you. You can also try adding more of these herbs to your diet. If you’re feeling the effects of the crazy world we live in, try incorporating these herbs into your daily routine.