Chia seeds have rightfully earned their place on the superfood mantle. These tiny seeds are full of fiber, pack lots of omega 3, and some omega 6 fats, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, and protein to boot!
Bonus: They have some sort of voodoo magic in them that when mixed with fluid, they get gel-like and turn the liquid into pudding!
This recipe makes a big batch, and you can keep it simple or make personalized flavors: Vanilla, chocolate, or matcha! Mix and match with Wild Sweet Nibs, fresh berries, and coconut for endless breakfast fun
Wild Chia Seed Pudding Breakfast Jars (3 Ways!)
Recipe credit: The Castaway Kitchen
- 12oz full fat, unsweetened coconut milk (canned or frozen)
- 12oz filtered water
- 2/3 cup Wild Chia Seeds (up to ¾ cup if you like your pudding really thick)
- 1 tbsp. sweetener of choice (I like coconut palm sugar)
- ¼ tsp Wild Pink Himalayan Salt
- ¼ cup Sweet Wild Nibs
- ½ tsp Wild Matcha Powder
- 2 tsp Wild Chocolate Powder
- 2 tsp Wild Vanilla Powder
- Large bowl
- 3 jars
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Prepare your jars. Add ½ a tsp of vanilla powder and 2 tsp of chocolate powder to one jar. ½ tsp of vanilla and ½ tsp of matcha powder to the other jar and 1 tsp vanilla powder to the third jar.
- In the large bowl, whisk together the chia seeds, salt, and coconut palm sugar.
- Add in the coconut milk and water.
- Whisk until the mix begins to thicken.
- Distribute the mix evenly between the three jars.
- Mix each one with a spoon until its flavoring is well incorporated. You can also do this by closing them with a lid and shaking vigorously.
- Top with Wild Sweet Nibs! Adds amazing flavor and CRUNCH! Berries and coconut are great too.
- Set in the fridge to thicken at least 30 minutes or until ready to enjoy!