Wild Recipe: Chia Seed Pudding Breakfast Jars
Chia seeds have rightfully earned their place on the superfood mantle. These tiny seeds are full of fiber, pack lots of omega 3, and some omega 6 fats, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, and protein to boot!
Bonus: They have some sort of voodoo magic in them that when mixed with fluid, they get gel-like and turn the liquid into pudding!
This recipe makes a big batch, and you can keep it simple or make personalized flavors: Vanilla, chocolate, or matcha! Mix and match with Wild Sweet Nibs, fresh berries, and coconut for endless breakfast fun
Wild Chia Seed Pudding Breakfast Jars (3 Ways!)
Recipe credit: The Castaway Kitchen
- 12oz full fat, unsweetened coconut milk (canned or frozen)
- 12oz filtered water
- 2/3 cup Wild Chia Seeds (up to ¾ cup if you like your pudding really thick)
- 1 tbsp. sweetener of choice (I like coconut palm sugar)
- ¼ tsp Wild Pink Himalayan Salt
- ¼ cup Sweet Wild Nibs
- ½ tsp Wild Matcha Powder
- 2 tsp Wild Chocolate Powder
- 2 tsp Wild Vanilla Powder
- Large bowl
- 3 jars
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Prepare your jars. Add ½ a tsp of vanilla powder and 2 tsp of chocolate powder to one jar. ½ tsp of vanilla and ½ tsp of matcha powder to the other jar and 1 tsp vanilla powder to the third jar.
- In the large bowl, whisk together the chia seeds, salt, and coconut palm sugar.
- Add in the coconut milk and water.
- Whisk until the mix begins to thicken.
- Distribute the mix evenly between the three jars.
- Mix each one with a spoon until its flavoring is well incorporated. You can also do this by closing them with a lid and shaking vigorously.
- Top with Wild Sweet Nibs! Adds amazing flavor and CRUNCH! Berries and coconut are great too.
- Set in the fridge to thicken at least 30 minutes or until ready to enjoy!