Move aside, bouillon cubes, we’ve got a better flavor bomb in town!
Full of anti-inflammatory turmeric, fat-burning coconut oil, and mineral-rich pink Himalayan salt, you’ll want to keep a batch of these cubes around. Ideal to add into stir-fries and soups, or thaw and mix with coconut milk for a traditional curry sauce!
Give any meal a curry boost in seconds with these delicious curry cubes.
Curry Cubes by The Castaway Kitchen
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp. Wild Turmeric
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Wild Pink Salt
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp toasted cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- Dice up your onion and garlic.
- Heat one tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Add in the onion and garlic.
- Sauté until browned and tender.
- Set aside.
- Add all of the spices, salt and bay leaves to a blender.
- Add in the rest the coconut oil and lastly the onion and garlic.
- Blend until smooth.
- Distribute the mix evenly into an ice cube tray, and set in the freezer. You can store it like this or pop the cubes out once solid and store in a jar or bag, in the freezer.
Add to hot soups and any skillet meal for added fat and flavor. Let thaw in a bowl at room temperature and mix with coconut milk for a quick curry sauce.