The Moka pot is the closest thing to espresso you can get without an espresso machine.
It's also a fun and exciting way to brew.
Coffee grounds are placed in the middle of the pot on a screen just over the base that holds the water. The top part, where the brewed coffee ends up, has a long spout into a reservoir where the brewed coffee will be saved and poured from.
Steam builds up in the closed base, which forces the hot water through the compressed coffee in the middle of the pot. One of the most unique yet straightforward compared to something like siphon coffee, ways of brewing I've ever seen.
What you need:
- 20g ground coffee to the same grind as espresso - grind size about that of table salt
- Moka pot
- Filtered Water
- Clean kitchen towel
- Bring water to boil in kettle
- Fill bottom chamber to line
- Place filter basket into brewer
- Fill basket to a small mound with fresh ground cof