Here’s a delicious Wild Recipe for you!
Watch to learn how to make the best butter coffee! It’s quick, easy, and tastes so good.
Get the Wild ingredients to fill your cup right here!
Greens powder is a supplement that helps you achieve your daily intake of vegetables. You will see this being consumed most commonly in green smoothies!
The craze behind greens powder is all about the nutrients it holds for your body. Greens powder is known as a “Superfood” that keeps your body healthy, wards off disease, is high in phytonutrients, is a good source of fiber, provides digestive assistance, and helps to heal tissues.
What is Greens Powder?
Greens powder is a supplement that helps you achieve your daily intake of vegetables and can be mixed into water or other liquids.
The green hue comes from 25-40 different ingredients, generally from dried leafy greens and other vegetables, seaweed, grasses, other high-antioxidant fruits, herbs, probiotics, and digestive enzymes. It can taste a bit grassy and bitter.
The ingredients are generally dried and then ground into a powder. However, some elements have been juiced, dehydrated, sprouted, or fermented, which increases vitamin levels and helps break down the compounds that can interfere with mineral absorption.
- Greens powder is often vegan, as well as non-genetically modified and organic, but always check the labels of the brands you are purchasing to verify this.
What is in my Greens Powder?
Greens powder is typically low in calories but high in certain minerals and vitamins such as selenium, iodine, chromium, vitamins A, C, and K, and contains plant compounds with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Leafy greens: Spinach, kale, collards, parsley
- Seaweed: Spirulina, chlorella, dulse, kelp
- Other vegetables: Broccoli, beets, carrots, tomatoes, green cabbage
- Grasses: Barley grass, wheatgrass, oat grass, alfalfa grass
- High-antioxidant fruits: Blueberries, raspberries, goji berries, acai berries
- Nutritional extracts: Green tea extract, grape seed extract, ginkgo Biloba extract
- Probiotics: Lactobacillus rhamnosus, acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis
- Plant-based digestive enzymes: Amylase, cellulase, lipase, papain, protease
- Herbs: Holy basil, astragalus, echinacea, milk thistle
- Mushrooms: Maitake mushroom extract, shiitake mushroom extract
- Natural sugar substitutes: Stevia leaf extract, monk fruit extract
- Extra fiber: Rice bran, inulin, apple fiber
Benefits of greens supplements
There are many benefits to taking green powder regularly, including being high in phytonutrients, a good source of fiber, providing digestive enzymes, healing tissues, reducing inflammation, and helping to keep the Heart healthy.
- High in Phytonutrients: Phytonutrients are necessary for sustaining human life and preventing diseases. Phytonutrients also help slow down the aging process.
- Good Source of Fiber: Fiber is essential for proper bowel movements, keeping the colon healthy, decreasing the risk of other cancers and diabetes, and removing toxins from the body.
- Provides Digestive Enzymes: Enzymes help with the digestion of food. Proper digestion of food doesn’t happen without enough enzymes, and we naturally produce fewer enzymes when we age.
- Heals Tissues: The chlorophyll found appears to stimulate the growth of new skin tissue in wounds, aiding in the healing of tissues.
- Reduce Inflammation: Reduces inflammation internally and externally by stabilizing the body’s natural PH.
- Keeps the Heart Healthy: The antioxidants, phytochemicals, and chlorophyll work together to keep the Heart healthy and the arterial wall strong. These compounds help protect against cardiovascular diseases, lower cholesterol, and stabilize blood pressure.
How to Use Greens Powder
Using greens powder is very easy since it comes in powder form. All you need to do is use 1 to 2 scoops (whichever is recommended) of our Wild Organic Super Greens Superfood Powder Blend and mix it with water or your liquid of choice.
Wild Foods Green Powder Recipes
Here are some of our favorite greens powder drinks to get you started! You can use some of these recipes to perform a green blend detox.
Green Pineapple-Mango Detox Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut water (no added sugars, 100% organic)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh pineapple (diced)
- One small mango, peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1-2 scoops Wild Super Greens Powder Blend
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until nice a smooth. Enjoy!
Coconut & Matcha Green Smoothie Bowl
- ½ cup frozen banana (sliced)
- ½ cup frozen or fresh peaches (sliced or diced)
- 1/2 cup spinach
- ½ cup coconut water (no added sugars, 100% organic)
- Three tablespoons almonds or another nut of choice (slivered, optional for topping)
- 1 ½ teaspoon Wild Matcha #2 Ceremonial Grade From Japan or 1-2 scoops Wild Organic Super Greens Powders Blend
- One teaspoon of maple syrup
- ½ ripe kiwi (diced, optional for topping)
- Blend the banana, peaches, spinach, coconut water, Matcha, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Place the smoothie in a bowl and top it with the desired nut and kiwi.
Green Tea Latte
- 1 cup milk or almond milk (fluid)1 cup of water
- One tablespoon of Wild Matcha
- Two tablespoons sugar (granulated) OR 1-2 packets of organic sweetener
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy or almond milk, water, Matcha, and sugar. Warm over medium heat while whisking until hot and foamy.
- Pour into mugs and enjoy.
- Greens powder is packed full of nutritional value and provides many health benefits that, when taken regularly, can support our bodies, minds, and moods.
Commonly Asked Questions
What is Matcha?
A sort of green tea powder made in Japan is called matcha powder.
Is Matcha the same as Green Powder?
No. Matcha is a green tea in the form of a powder, whereas green powder is a supplement that helps you achieve your daily intake of vegetables.
Which one is better for you: Matcha or Green Powder?
Both are great for you, and you should be incorporated them into your daily routine!
What is the difference between Matcha and Green Tea?
Green tea and Matcha have diverse flavor characteristics, growing and processing techniques, and health advantages.
Did you know that the word “matcha” means “ground tea” in Japanese?
Matcha is made by slowly grinding the entire green tea leaf into a powder, which allows it to be easily added to drink or recipe. It also means that by ingesting the entire tea leaf, you get far more nutrition than traditional green tea !
This mouthwatering Wild Recipe is for an easy-to-make Hibiscus Matcha Latte and it is a recipe you’ll certainly enjoy. Watch below and then give it a try!
Looking for a delicious way to add lion's mane mushrooms to your diet? Then the following two recipes are what you're looking for.
Lion's mane mushrooms are known for their many health benefits, including boosting cognitive function and aiding digestion. So not only will this recipe make you feel good, but it will also help you perform at your best!
Lion's mane mushrooms: What are they, and what do they taste like?
Lion's mane mushrooms are a type of medicinal mushroom that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. They are now gaining popularity in the Western world for their potential health benefits, which include reducing inflammation, boosting cognitive function, and aiding in weight loss. Lion's mane mushrooms have a slightly sweet and savory flavor that pairs well with coffee and smoothies. If you're looking for a healthy and delicious way to start your day, try this lion's mane mushroom recipe!
What does lion's mane taste like?
Lion's mane powder has an earthy flavor. When added to drinks and recipes, the flavor is masked. This is our preferred way to use powdered lion's mane mushrooms.
On the other hand, if you have whole raw lion's mane mushrooms, you have an entirely different ingredient with unique flavors and uses. Compared to extract, raw whole lion's mane is closer in flavor and texture to regular store-bought white button mushrooms. Whole cooked lions' mane has a chewy texture depending on how little or much you cook it and is mild in flavor, making it great for sauces since it absorbs flavors. On its own, raw lion's mane doesn't have much flavor at all.
Lion's Mane Mushroom Coffee Recipe
There are many benefits to adding lion's mane mushrooms to your coffee or smoothie. Lion's mane mushrooms are known for their cognitive-enhancing properties and provide a host of other health benefits.
This recipe is perfect for starting your day with a delicious and nutritious cup of mushroom coffee:
- 8 oz brewed Wild Coffee
- One heaping spoon coarsely ground coffee
- 1 tsp Lion's Mane mushroom powder
- 2 oz preferred creamer
- Dash of Sweetener to taste (optional)
- Brew your coffee
- Add lion's mane, sweetener, and cream
- Blend or froth
Lion's mane extract smoothie recipe
As a coffee lover, I was excited to find this recipe for a Lion's Mane Mushroom Smoothie from The Kitchen. This smoothie is perfect for those mornings when you need an extra energy boost. The lion's mane mushroom provides a great natural energy source, while the coffee and banana help smooth out the flavor. This smoothie is also great for getting your daily dose of antioxidants.
I recommend this smoothie to anyone looking for a quick and easy way to start their day.
- 1 cup of favorite milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp Lion's Mane mushroom powder
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup optional
- 5x ice cubes
- Optional: 1/2 cup mango or tropical fruit frozen mix
Using lion's mane mushrooms in other recipes
Lion's mane mushrooms can be used in various recipes, not just coffee and smoothies.
Try it in soups, sauces, stir-fries, and baked goods. Lion's mane mushrooms have a mild taste that takes on the flavor of whatever they are cooked with. So if you're looking for a new way to add some umami to your dishes, consider using lion's mane mushrooms.
If you're looking for a delicious way to add lion's mane mushrooms to your diet, look no further than adding them to your daily coffee and smoothie routines.
Lion's mane mushrooms are known for their health benefits, which include boosting cognitive function and reducing inflammation. So not only will this recipe taste great, but it will also help you feel your best.